Options

d3100 wireless remote

ChrisGanzChrisGanz Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited November 22, 2012 in Accessories
I'm looking for a wireless remote for a d3100. I've seen ones that sit in the hotshoe, which I would rather have than it dangling off of the camera, but one that doesn't interfere with the pop up flash.
Any advice?

Thank you,
Chris

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2012
    Which type of wireless remote are you actually needing - Wireless shutter release or Wireless flash trigger??
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    ChrisGanzChrisGanz Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2012
    shutter release
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2012
    i am really pleased with some cheap ($20) radios from Cowboy studio. Available on Amazon.
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2012
    I too have been using very inexpensive ebay triggers (shutter and flash) from ebay...both Yongnuo ... ... no failures and been used hard for over 5yrs now....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2012
    ChrisGanz wrote: »
    . I've seen ones that sit in the hotshoe, which I would rather have than it dangling off of the camera, but one that doesn't interfere with the pop up flash
    Any advice?

Thank you,
    Chris

Hi Chris,
    I had sort of the same problem with the GPS unit (Yongnuo N-918/N3) that I purchased for my D7000. It is supposed to sit in the hotshoe but is then in the way if I wanted to use flash. My answer was to buy a cheap flash stand off ebay (about £2) and use the "cold shoe" with a bit of improvisation to attach it to the camera strap.
    I carefully trimmed the "cold shoe" off the stand and used epoxy resin (available in any hardware store) to bond it onto an old eyepiece cover which had a clip to attach it to the strap already on it. This clip arrangement is left on my camera strap, and the GPS (or wireless receiver) fitted into as and when needed.

Carpy wings.gif
  • Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2012
    Sorry to say they hang, RF602 or Rf603 will do for you... I have 602, but looking to get the 603's soon
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2012
    I forgot to add... that anything that is made to sit in the hotshoe invariably does block the pop up flash.... My YongNuo shutter trigger connects to the 10 connector on the front of the camera and I then use velcro straps to attach it to the camera strap or tripod ,,, ,,, that keeps it from swinging around ... which only matters if it is real windy, as it has caused my release to turn it self off from hitting the power button the trigger.