Options

epson 2880 vs 3000

bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
edited November 23, 2012 in Digital Darkroom
My 6 year old epson 2400 has been a fine printer but it is time to move on. Since Epson is currently giving a nice rebate, I've decided the time for a new printer is now. The Epson 2880 or the 3000? I'm hoping that some of you have one of these printers and can give your opinion. Thanks in advance.

-Leonard

Comments

• Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2012
    I have a 2880. It has been a fantastic trouble free printer. But if I had to choose I would go 3000 all the way. The 3000 has much larger ink tanks. This is the reason to get one. With the larger tanks the operation is much cheaper. But the trade off is more $$ when you need ink. I feel like I always change cartridges in the 2880. To the point of stockpiling ink cartridges. It is not that it drinks ink. The cartridges are only 11ml each. The 3000 has 25ml cartridges. You also do not need to swap black inks. The process on the 2880 is physically easy, but getting the printer and computer to realize you have switched inks is challenging. I considered selling my 2880 to get a 3000 and I still might if Epson has some crazy offer on the 3000 at some point.