books on Canon 7D

jenniferannjenniferann Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited December 7, 2012 in Cameras
Does anyone have any book recommendations on learning to use the 7D?
I see a few listed on Amazon, so I am just wondering if anyone has read any,
I hear this camera takes some time to learn, so I thought a book would be a nice
addition to the manual.
Thanks,
Jenn:D

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,067 moderator
    edited November 27, 2012
    I suggest starting with the learning resources provided by Canon itself:

http://learn.usa.canon.com/dlc/tags/eos_7d_tag/tagItemsListing.spr?sortBy=date_desc&recordLimit=100&currentPage=1

http://learn.usa.canon.com/resources/articles/2011/quick_guides.shtml

Most significant from above (IMO):
    QuickGuide to EOS Integrated Speedlite Transmitter Operation
    QuickGuide to EOS 7D Autofocus Modes
    QuickGuide to Accurate EOS Autofocus
    QuickGuide to EOS DSLR Video Recording
    QuickGuide to AI Servo Mode Autofocus Tracking
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • JAmadoPhotographyJAmadoPhotography Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2012
    I found out a lot about my 7d using the manual :) Yes, I read most of it. A lot you really don't use often but you know it's there.
  • Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2012
    Does anyone have any book recommendations on learning to use the 7D?
    I see a few listed on Amazon, so I am just wondering if anyone has read any,
    I hear this camera takes some time to learn, so I thought a book would be a nice
    addition to the manual.
    Thanks,
    Jenn:D

instead of a book about a specific camera model like the 7D it might be better to read books on different aspects of photography and then participate in a 7D forum (POTN, 7D section in DPReview, etc. where users share settings and techniques
  • jenniferannjenniferann Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2012
    Good idea, but I have already done that, I own a bunch of books on all types of shooting from macro to HDR, plus I have borrowed some from the library. I would like to find a good book to have the covers
    the 7D specifically, so I can go in depth and learn the camera's features. I heard the learning curve
    is a bit steep on this camera and I am not a fan of the way the manual reads.
    I was hoping someone else may have read a good book they could recommend.
  • roakeyroakey Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2012
    I like Dave Busch's book.

Roak

Ps. Referencing the post directly below, that was what my link above was SUPPOSED to have pointed to, obviously I had another URL in the clipboard, sorry about that. Fixed though now redundant with your post.
    [email]roakeyatunderctekdotcom[/email]
    <== Mighty Murphy, the wonder Bouv!
  • rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2012
    My favorite 7D book is David Busch's Compact Field Guide for the Canon EOS 7D.

http://www.amazon.com/David-Buschs-Compact-Field-Guide/dp/1435458788/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354941816&sr=1-10&keywords=canon+7d

I wanted a book specifically on the 7D and this one is what I wanted. I tried several other books but, they were filled up with regurgitation of basic photo principles rather than being a 7D specific manual...

I also like the size and the price...