Forces of Nature

Aleksandar VasicAleksandar Vasic Registered Users Posts: 334 Major grins
edited November 29, 2012 in People
snagaprirode.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2012
    Simply stunning! A bit more room in front of her possibly but stunning never the less.
  • BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2012
    Your pictures are always beautiful. My one critique -- and I've said this before about other of your portraits -- is your model's skin looks "crunchy", like you've sharpened the heck out of it. Am I the only one who sees that? I think skin should rarely if ever be sharpened -- a PS mask would fix the problem quickly.
  • BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2012
    BEE-YOO-TEE-FULL, both model and image.

Agree with Brett though about the oversharpening. If you look at her right cheek line you can see a distinct "halo" from the sharpening. I do it a bit differenty but after I do a USM sharpen, I use the blur tool on luminosity blend at about 28% +/- to smooth the skin.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • Dr CalohandreDr Calohandre Banned Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2012
    Good note on the use of the blur at luminosity. I use this mask technique frequently on skin tones but also to soften excessive noise when high detail is not the qualifying factor. I don't think it needs more room to the right as much as less room to the left. Her gaze stops the left side movement but isn't deep enough to hold that much dead area on her left. Still, a nice pose, nice shot and with some more PP, a quite stunning image.
  • novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2012
    This image literally took my breath away. Thank you.