Quality Time

EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
edited December 5, 2012 in Street and Documentary
OB-1-10-XL.jpg
Eric ~ Smugmug

Comments

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2012
    The contrast points and focus points makes a nice composition . Well done !
  • karloznzkarloznz Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2012
    The shot is essentially poorly composed the main focus of the image is the man with the boy so I think the composition should reflect this.
    Carl Lea Wedding and event photographer - Wellington - Web Site
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    The contrast points and focus points makes a nice composition . Well done !

Thanks lensmole... I was at the river estuary shooting birds at 400mm and grabbed the shot from far away - I think the Dof and bokeh create the effect you describe.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited December 4, 2012
    karloznz wrote: »
    The shot is essentially poorly composed the main focus of the image is the man with the boy so I think the composition should reflect this.

Thanks for the feedback Carl!
    I see your point and agree that a closer-crop version couldn't go wrong - at end, I went with a wider view so to include more of the setting/environment.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2012
    Hi Eric, I like the contrast, but I think Carl may have a point (blunt as it may be) and a crop would improve the photo. Best
    edited December 5, 2012
    Juano wrote: »
    Hi Eric, I like the contrast, but I think Carl may have a point (blunt as it may be) and a crop would improve the photo. Best

Have you guys been talking to my wife - she says the same thing?! :D

I've looked at it cropped closer and it does work better at featuring the 3 friends.
    You know, what's amazing to me, is that I can crop closer (this is already a heavy crop) with this camera/lens and maintain IQ - the 5DmkIII seems to be able to crop eeend-less-ly.
    Thanks for the comment Cristobal - always appreciated.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2012
    Earache wrote: »
    Have you guys been talking to my wife - she says the same thing?! :D

I've looked at it cropped closer and it does work better at featuring the 3 friends.
    You know, what's amazing to me, is that I can crop closer (this is already a heavy crop) with this camera/lens and maintain IQ - the 5DmkIII seems to be able to crop eeend-less-ly.
    Thanks for the comment Cristobal - always appreciated.

I would leave it alone , unless you really like the conventional composition idea .
    edited December 5, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    I would leave it alone , unless you really like the conventional composition idea .

Yep - I'm with you lensmole - I still like the wider view because of the other elements of the setting and I wanted to leave some of the space they were looking into so intently.

But, the different opinions are fascinating and highlight the dynamic of viewer subjectivity - something that keeps this visual art-form challenging and worth working-at.
    Eric ~ Smugmug