My Eyes....

melissa6631melissa6631 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
edited November 23, 2005 in People
45683425-L.jpg

I wish I knew how to do cool borders like yall!
Missy Ü

Comments

• MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    45683425-L.jpg

I wish I knew how to do cool borders like yall!
    Beautiful! I wish I could help with the borders as well. It might be something that only pro users of Smugmug can use or a cool Photoshop technique of which I am not aware.
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    Very nice... beautiful shots and beautiful girl.
  • melissa6631melissa6631 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    kc7dji wrote:
    Very nice... beautiful shots and beautiful girl.

Ooh arent you sweet!

I'm just about to walk out the door and head to PA for the holiday.. Im' going with out my fiance and im going to be kidless this weekend. Gosh this BITES!!!!

lol
    Missy Ü
  • cybercrypt13cybercrypt13 Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    Maestro wrote:
    Beautiful! I wish I could help with the borders as well. It might be something that only pro users of Smugmug can use or a cool Photoshop technique of which I am not aware.
    Yes, beautiful eyes and lovely shot. As far as the borders they are not a function of smugmug, but rather a trick in photoshop. If you have it one quick trick is to right click on a layer and select blending options. You can setup quite a few little things like rounded edges, shadows, gradients and things such as this. Using brush patterns you can go even farther with things.

Again, nice shot and you do have beautiful eyes...
    --

glenn hancock
    http://www.gshutter.com
  • ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    Yes, beautiful eyes and lovely shot. As far as the borders they are not a function of smugmug, but rather a trick in photoshop. If you have it one quick trick is to right click on a layer and select blending options. You can setup quite a few little things like rounded edges, shadows, gradients and things such as this. Using brush patterns you can go even farther with things.

Again, nice shot and you do have beautiful eyes...
    Alternatively, select the white or black area you've created, CRTL-SHIFT-I to invert your selection (you should now have the photo selected), go to "Selection > Modify > Border > " (then I usually do between 2-5px), it will give you a selected area, (now create a new layer without losing the selection) and you can fill with white/black/blue/whatever, and move the layer between your photo, and the filled background you'd created which becomes the matte.

Again, yes. Beautiful eyes. nod.gif
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2