Untitled 2 images

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited December 9, 2012 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2012
    I find the first one very, very special. The second leaves me cold, but I see a lot that could have been done given the setting to give it a narrative.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2012
    michswiss wrote: »
    I find the first one very, very special. The second leaves me cold, but I see a lot that could have been done given the setting to give it a narrative.

Thanks and interesting.
    At another place the 2nd shot is held on high while the 1st is just OK

Me, I like em both and I do see what you mean.
  • jpope42jpope42 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2012
    First one is really good. I also like the second, unfriendly empty street, open door to a more sociable refuge. At least that's how I see it.
    edited December 9, 2012
    jpope42 wrote: »
    First one is really good. I also like the second, unfriendly empty street, open door to a more sociable refuge. At least that's how I see it.

That's a fine way to look at it.

Thanks
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2012
    I figured I'd share why I don't think the second shot worked. The content is there, there's action, there is even a small glimpse into the interior hinting at another world. But the composition is static and cuts potentially contributory elements in half.

From where you were, a slight pan to the right and up would have reduced the rather large window on the left, pushed the action to left creating some tension and brought the signage completely into the frame contextualising the setting with some interesting juxtapositions. Even better might have been a few steps to the right why bringing all the afore mentioned elements into the frame.
    edited December 9, 2012
    michswiss wrote: »
    I figured I'd share why I don't think the second shot worked. The content is there, there's action, there is even a small glimpse into the interior hinting at another world. But the composition is static and cuts potentially contributory elements in half.

From where you were, a slight pan to the right and up would have reduced the rather large window on the left, pushed the action to left creating some tension and brought the signage completely into the frame contextualising the setting with some interesting juxtapositions. Even better might have been a few steps to the right why bringing all the afore mentioned elements into the frame.

Thank you for that.
    I think if my feeble memory still serves, originally had considered more less what you said. Thought however that the large window (more for the light it had) should remain. Let me go over to the raw and see what I can do. Also there is a chance for a reshoot, it's on my regular route.