Options

Light Painitng #117 - not choices

grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,952 Major grins
edited December 9, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
Since I was able to get something to enter in #117 by going into a dark bathroom and moving the camera around pointed out the little green charging light on my toothbrush, I made that my entry without further ado.

And I'm not going to change that first effort.

I did also try with the night light and after poking the camera a couple of times (there was so little light that it didn't want to take a photo), I got this which looks a little like a dragon (if you use your imagination)

IMG_5128.JPG

But on the way home tonight (we go out to dinner every Thuersday), I decided to try the same thing with the street and car lights, and got some fairly interesting results. I tried both with the car moving (this is out the side widow of a filling station
IMG_5115.JPG

IMG_5114.JPG
and with the camera moving and with both moving.

IMG_5126.JPG

IMG_5122.JPG
“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Comments

• Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited December 7, 2012
    Fun to try different styles eh? These have some very interesting results. I like them!
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2012
    Some of them, there was to much light and I could see what it was that I was taking a photo of. :)

I was also trying to get red and green for Christmas, but green lights don't show up nearly as well as red.
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2012
    I keep being drawn to the 2nd and 3rd pictures. I think those would be my favorites. Glad to see you trying out new things. That's what makes the challenges fun.
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2012
    You mean the gas station and the one with the little streaks? Those were taken out the side window while my husband was driving. The third one was very little bits of light - just spot lights and not big billboards like this one

IMG_5121.JPG

which now that I look at it, could be Santa's sleigh. This is sort of like finding things in the clouds.

I have done this before, but not exactly this way and the results were less 'artistic'
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2012
    :) I wasn't thinking about what it looked like. For me, it doesn't have to look like anything, just be a interesting and pleasing thing to look at... but now that you say it, it does sort of look like Santa's sleigh.