newbie just joined

livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
edited November 24, 2005 in Landscapes
i just stumbled upon this site in a rather convoluted fashion, but am very glad to find it. i have been a photographer for years, mostly doing my own thing, however i do photograph hardware and supplies at work. fun, huh?

i love old barns, which i see is a common passion on here. living in rural minnesota, i get to see them a lot, including the one in my yard, and have been capturing them for at least 5 years. i hope someday to do a book (doesn't everyone?), but i have produced a small calendar for the last couple of years and sold it locally.

my first digital camera was an epson 750, and that seemed so incredible. now i see where we have come and it's amazing. i have had an epson 800, 3000, then a canon powershot a95. i just purchased a canon s2 1s especially for it's long telephoto lens, and at work i have a canon g6. those two are my favorites. i work in photoshop on a mac.

if someone can tell me how to post a photo, i can jump in with both feet and let you take a shot at my work.

laurie, central minnesota :wave
laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    livinginoz wrote:
    i just stumbled upon this site in a rather convoluted fashion, but am very glad to find it. i have been a photographer for years, mostly doing my own thing, however i do photograph hardware and supplies at work. fun, huh?

i love old barns, which i see is a common passion on here. living in rural minnesota, i get to see them a lot, including the one in my yard, and have been capturing them for at least 5 years. i hope someday to do a book (doesn't everyone?), but i have produced a small calendar for the last couple of years and sold it locally.

my first digital camera was an epson 750, and that seemed so incredible. now i see where we have come and it's amazing. i have had an epson 800, 3000, then a canon powershot a95. i just purchased a canon s2 1s especially for it's long telephoto lens, and at work i have a canon g6. those two are my favorites. i work in photoshop on a mac.

if someone can tell me how to post a photo, i can jump in with both feet and let you take a shot at my work.

laurie, central minnesota wave.gif

wave.gif Hi Laurie, welcome to dgrin :D

see the links in my signature, all the secret stuff is in there :D
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    Welcome Laurie... always nice to see new dgrinners.clap.gif
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    Welcome to DGrin... You are going to love it here... When you're not out shooting pics of course.

Follow Andy's "magic" link... it really helps.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    Welcome Laurie
    We all just having lots of fun here :D

Lots of good barn photos here
    Start a barn thread and will all jump in nod.gif

Fred
  • livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    USAIR wrote:
    Welcome Laurie
    We all just having lots of fun here :D

Lots of good barn photos here
    Start a barn thread and will all jump in nod.gif

Fred

thanks, all. i plan to use smugmug to set up a gallery, so i don't take up too much bandwidth, but that will have to wait until friday.

my stuff
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    Welcome
    From one Minnesota photographer to another, welcome to Digital Grin!!

-Adam

www.adamstravelphotography.com
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    Hey, Laurie! Nice to see you here. Welcome!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited November 23, 2005
    Welcome Laurie.

There are a number of folks here who share your passion for old barns, including USAir, Greaper, myself, rutt, and a lot of others. (If I have left anyone out, deal with it :): :): )

Here is a list of links from a quick search of dgrin on barns

http://dgrin.com/search.php?searchid=283139
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    Welcome Laurie.

There are a number of folks here who share your passion for old barns, including USAir, Greaper, myself, rutt, and a lot of others. (If I have left anyone out, deal with it :): :): )

Here is a list of links from a quick search of dgrin on barns

http://dgrin.com/search.php?searchid=283139
    oops, link didn't work.......i am still working on setting up a page, but i just got a brand new computer (imac g5 with 20" monitor, i am in heaven) and i have to go back on the old one and deactivate photoshop to use it on this one....

that said, here is a copy of what i am using for the cover of my calendar:

oops, too big. i will have to wait until later. i am assuming photoshopped pix are permitted?

my stuff
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2005
    Laurie I think what PF was trying to show you was the search feature here on Dgrin
    I typed in barns and here's what I got Barns

Also check out these sticky's (helps in posting)

I am jealous of you new mac setup wish Santa would throw something like that down my chimney mwink.gif

Fred