My First Duck

TJGardnerTJGardner Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited December 12, 2012 in Wildlife
I started my account about a year ago, thinking I would spend more time on my hobby. Well, I finally am taking time to go out and shoot, and yesterday I ran across a family feeding ducks along a river in North Carolina. That sure made it easy to get in close and take some pictures.
Cherokee_Dec2012-7-L.jpg
C&C welcome.
Thanks,
Tim

Comments

• Dr CalohandreDr Calohandre Banned Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2012
    Nice sharp colorful image but the overly large copyright kills the shot for me.
  • TJGardnerTJGardner Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited December 10, 2012
    Nice sharp colorful image but the overly large copyright kills the shot for me.

Thanks for the input. That's something I intend to fix this week. I appreciate it.
  • Dennis KaczorDennis Kaczor Registered Users Posts: 2,413 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2012
    Pretty good shot of the duck, nice and sharp. May I suggest to you, not to shot birds from standing up when in close, knell down or get as low as you can, you will get more pleasing results that I think you will like.
  • TJGardnerTJGardner Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited December 12, 2012
    Pretty good shot of the duck, nice and sharp. May I suggest to you, not to shot birds from standing up when in close, knell down or get as low as you can, you will get more pleasing results that I think you will like.

Thanks, Dennis. I crouched as low as I could, there was a steep bank, but I plan to go back and try again at another location that will give me better angles.
    Thanks again,
    Tim
  • MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2012
    Avian photography become addictive and expensive....worse than cocaine. mwink.gif Be careful. The image is sharp and I agree with Dennis on the suggestion.