Middle School - Wrestling Portraits

DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
edited December 12, 2012 in People
Can you believe its already been a year since the last wrestling portraits. Seems like it was just a few weeks ago. Well, anyway, I am trying out a couple of new techniques and trying to get a "Grimes"-ish feel to them.

Thoughts, ideas. C & C away please.

1)
i-LRVLtVG-X2.jpg

More to come as I finish them.... Kinda want to wait until I heard what you all have to say before I do the others.

Thanks again. :clap
Sports, Dance, Portraits, Events... www.jasonhowardking.com

Comments

• coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2012
    Did you paste him into the backround ? like the lighting - nice 'fighters' dramatic lighting ! good job
  • DreadnoteDreadnote Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2012
    coolpinsky wrote: »
    Did you paste him into the backround ? like the lighting - nice 'fighters' dramatic lighting ! good job

Thanks! Yes it is a composite - 5 shot HDR background, cloudy sky, and student. I'm working on getting the background setup so that its fairly quick to drop the kid in and I am wondering if it works or if its "obviously" a composite. You know, the old trade off between "perfection" and time management. (not that I am making any claim of having ever shot anything that might be considered perfect mind you). There are 25 of these kids I need to get done, depending on orders.
    edited December 10, 2012
    Here is the same shot layed out a little bit differently and with a landscape crop.

2)
    i-GngXKDG-X2.jpg
  • TinstaflTinstafl Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2012
    I like the landscape setup best. Very nice. Photographers might know it was a composite but the general public will ask you how you did it.
    edited December 11, 2012
    Tinstafl wrote: »
    I like the landscape setup best. Very nice. Photographers might know it was a composite but the general public will ask you how you did it.

Awesome, thanks! Thats what I was hoping for. As to the layout, I think I agree with you. It shows more of the campus and looks a bit better for some reason, though i can't really put my finger on it.
  • digidronedigidrone Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2012
    Well Done!
    Great image..... more please?
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2012
    Fantastic. The kids must love this.
    edited December 12, 2012
    digidrone wrote: »
    Well Done!
    Great image..... more please?

Thanks a bunch! More coming...I put out samples to the parents and when the parents decide what they want I'll finish them up and post some more. Also, I might do one variation I was thinking of this weekend.
    edited December 12, 2012
    Mitchell wrote: »
    Fantastic. The kids must love this.

Thanks for the compliment! I appreciate it. The kids do seem to enjoy them.
  • austinado16austinado16 Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2012
    It's killer, especially for boys wrestling. Stick with the tight vertical format, because the poster is all about the athlete, not about the background, the campus, the building, or anything else.

Shouldn't this be in the sports section?
    Let's face it; more gear than sense.

Canon 7D... Canon 70-200/2.8L IS... Canon 28-70/2.8L... Canon 135/f2L... Canon 85/1.8... Canon 50/1.4... Canon 28/1.8