Infidelity (2 shots)

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited December 12, 2012 in Street and Documentary
From around when I began experimenting with having the camera in motion.

1)
DSC_5714-XL.jpg

2)
DSC_5695-XL.jpg

Comments

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2012
    I have very mixed feelings about these. I do like them both, but...I have a feeling the second one would stand on its own, without the gimmick of camera movement - which we used to call camera blur, or failing to hold the camera steady. :-) I'm not so sure, however, about the first one; it works as an interesting experiment, but I wonder what it would be had you not blurred it.
    In any case, you've moved the camera in an interesting way, and have managed to control the movement enough to keep the images from just turning to mush.
    More?
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2012
    I only have a limited set of shots like this. There is a larger group of more purely abstract images that I continue to work on. Taking these was a relatively dangerous undertaking. I'm riding an electric scooter in Shanghai traffic with my then D700 and a 20mm lens strapped to my right hand with a 1/4sec exposure. Fun times!
  • jpope42jpope42 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2012
    Holy crap! In Shanghai? I'm afraid to cross a street there. But seriously I like #2, I think its a really good composition, very interesting motion study. #1, I really don't get, but its probably just me.