Who I Know - years past

red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
edited December 12, 2012 in Street and Documentary
Ok, I'll bite. These aren't in the style I usually see on this part of the forum - but some of my favorite family shots - the ones that capture a feeling, not just "cheese" shots.

DSC_2697-XL.jpg

DSC_2502-XL.jpg

DSC_8353-XL.jpg

DSC_0236-X2.jpg

Comments

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2012
    Hey Red, thanks for reading and joining in. The holidays are a fantastic time to haul the camera out to get candids. Of course, #3 is a classic, magical x-mas shot. Very nice. The first is fun and goofy and I'll bet it'll still be wonderful to look at in the future as well. Two and four are a little less successful for me. I might have framed differently and put the camera closer in on the second to reduce the clutter from the fence and vines. The fourth is an interesting attempt at a group selfie. It's just slightly too mushy for me.
  • red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2012
    Thanks for the comment Mich,
    I agree 2 should probably be cropped down to 2/3 its size and wouldn't lose anything. Funny how really examining photos years after they're taken you'd do different things. I'll have to dig it out of the external hd and re-visit.
    1 is my mom photo-bombing a staged picture of my wife and sister after they'd finished the puzzle... they weren't thrilled!
    3 is the only decent shot of that series, and I thought a little noisy.

4 is the reflection in the skylight of the dinner table. Part of why it's so soft is there are two reflections from the 2 panes of glass, that and probably slight camera shake.
    I agree that #3 is the best. It's noisy, but that's OK. thumb.gif
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2012
    yes #3 and the grain/noise is fine thumb.gif