edited December 12, 2012 in Street and Documentary
121112_Subway.0003-XL.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2012
    I like the claustrophobia in this shot, B.D., but my eye believes the red jacket on the left is most important. Perhaps B&W is a better choice here? ne_nau.gif
    Travis
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2012
    Hey, Thoth, come on - it's the Rose of the RED line. :-) Seriously, I get what you're saying. But as much as I love BW, I think this one either has to work in color, or it doesn't work. And of course, that is possible.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited December 12, 2012
    Almost, but not quite IMO. The comp and DOF are fine, but it was just unfortunate that the red rose has so much competition from the heavily saturated magenta, red and blue jackets. So the rose doesn't naturally command the viewer's attention, though it's certainly there if you want to focus on it. You could do something about that, but I know you won't. mwink.gif
  • thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    Almost, but not quite IMO. The comp and DOF are fine, but it was just unfortunate that the red rose has so much competition from the heavily saturated magenta, red and blue jackets. So the rose doesn't naturally command the viewer's attention, though it's certainly there if you want to focus on it. You could do something about that, but I know you won't. mwink.gif
    We could start a collection and see how much cash it takes B.D. to do selective coloring. :hide
    Travis
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited December 12, 2012
    thoth wrote: »
    We could start a collection and see how much cash it takes B.D. to do selective coloring. :hide
    lol3.gif I don't think we could come up with enough. Maybe Sheldon Adelson could.

I wasn't thinking of selective coloring, which is almost always too gimmicky. But maybe some subtle selective desaturation could help. ne_nau.gif