Options

Leica M Lenses

graeme_7799graeme_7799 Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited November 23, 2005 in Cameras
Hi everyone, I'm a Canon DSLR user like most, and I love adapting my old lenses to it to see how they perform.
I recently dug a Leica M 50mm f/1.0 out of my drawer, and I said to myself, is it possible to adapt a rangefinder lens to an SLR??
With all the adapters out these days, Hasselblad, Mamiya and Nikon to EOS mount, shouldn't there be a Leica M to EOS?

Please someone, tell me if there is an adapter or if this is possible. Thanks!

Graeme

Comments

• Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    Cameraquest is the site for lens adapters.

http://www.cameraquest.com/adaptnew.htm

You may want to send them an eamil to make sure they have exactly what you need.

Dave
  • Options
    ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    I recently dug a Leica M 50mm f/1.0 out of my drawer...
    I wish *I* could pull a 50mm f/1.0 out of my drawer... :cry

Paint me green with envy! thumb.gif
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • Options
    gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2005
    yes but problematic
    i have bought a canon eos to m42 screw mount adapter from them so that i can use pentax smc takumars.the adapter,though more expensive than others,works well-it is machined at a fine tolerance so there are no lens registration problems.

with the rangefinder adapters you may have to shoot with your mirror locked up because of the rather large protrusion of the rear element.

Hi everyone, I'm a Canon DSLR user like most, and I love adapting my old lenses to it to see how they perform.
    I recently dug a Leica M 50mm f/1.0 out of my drawer, and I said to myself, is it possible to adapt a rangefinder lens to an SLR??
    With all the adapters out these days, Hasselblad, Mamiya and Nikon to EOS mount, shouldn't there be a Leica M to EOS?

Please someone, tell me if there is an adapter or if this is possible. Thanks!

Graeme
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited November 23, 2005
    I wish *I* could pull a 50mm f/1.0 out of my drawer... :cry

Paint me green with envy! thumb.gif

The 50mm f1.0's will be very expensive. Not quite the same thrill, but you can find Olympus Zuicko 50mm f1.2 quite reasonable, I'll bet. Should be lots of them out there is used camera land.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin