Fun Shoot

OldGuyOldGuy Registered Users Posts: 301 Major grins
edited December 14, 2012 in People
My Vet asked me to shoot his staff and their pets. Nothing fancy, just some shots he can hang in the waiting room. It was like shooting a hockey game where you didn't know which way the puck was going.:rofl Thank goodness for 8 frames/sec.:wink
Of course the staff was just window dressing. The 4-legged models were obviously the main draw.

1. He's the Boss so he gets 2:bow
DSC_6084a-L.jpg

DSC_6126a-L.jpg

DSC_5363a-L.jpg

DSC_5347a-L.jpg

DSC_6056a-L.jpg

DSC_5333a-L.jpg

DSC_6111a-L.jpg

DSC_6118a-L.jpg

DSC_6091a-L.jpg

DSC_6122a-L.jpg

_SPT7889a-L.jpg

_SPT7896a-L.jpg

Regards,

Comments

• PhilD41PhilD41 Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2012
    Those do look like a lot of fun!! I am sure he was happy with the results! Love the dogs look in #11! Well done!
    -~= Philip =~-
    Go Shoot Something Already! - Flickr Photostream
    Have you performed a few Random Acts of Parenting today? :)
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2012
    I want a gig like that - totally fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only nit is that I'd hesitate to use #2 and #3 - in 3 the dog is looking a bit wild-eyed, and #2's yawn betrays anxiety on the part of the dog (yawning is a dog "calming signal" and something they do when they're stressed). Obviously, that call is up to the client, but just mentinoning it.

Other that, fantastic - I'm really impressed, because I know how much trouble I have when I'm trying to take pictures of our 4-footed family member!!!!
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2012
    Looks like a fun job with fantastic results. I will agree that I wouldn't use #2 (but mainly cuz the doc looks a little stiff). I like the dog's expression in #3--my impression wasn't so much 'wild-eyed' as 'I'm ready to play, not sit here and pose for you.' Hard for me to pick a favorite because all of them are great.

Great job!

Sherry
  • OldGuyOldGuy Registered Users Posts: 301 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2012
    PhilD41 wrote: »
    Those do look like a lot of fun!! I am sure he was happy with the results! Love the dogs look in #11! Well done!

Thanks Phillip, The pooch in #11 was all over the place at first. the owner finally got him on her lap but he was looking everywhere except at the camera. I gave out a shrill whistle and he snapped his head around and "click".clap.gif
    divamum wrote: »
    I want a gig like that - totally fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only nit is that I'd hesitate to use #2 and #3 - in 3 the dog is looking a bit wild-eyed, and #2's yawn betrays anxiety on the part of the dog (yawning is a dog "calming signal" and something they do when they're stressed). Obviously, that call is up to the client, but just mentinoning it.

Other that, fantastic - I'm really impressed, because I know how much trouble I have when I'm trying to take pictures of our 4-footed family member!!!!

Thanks divamum, throughout this whole shoot I was totally trying capture pet facial expressions as much as possible. mwink.gif
    slpollett wrote: »
    Looks like a fun job with fantastic results. I will agree that I wouldn't use #2 (but mainly cuz the doc looks a little stiff). I like the dog's expression in #3--my impression wasn't so much 'wild-eyed' as 'I'm ready to play, not sit here and pose for you.' Hard for me to pick a favorite because all of them are great.

Great job!

Sherry

Thanks Sherry, I agree about #2, but the Doc is a good friend and he looks like that when he is about to crack up.
    BTW, the Golden in #1 is named Mika. She is the daughter of my Golden, Amber who you will find featured on my Smugmug website homepage.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2012
    great expressions but WB is all over the place!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2012
    I love the dog's yawn in #2. You're boring the death out of me. Laughing.gif

Great job on what is not an easy shoot.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography