Options

PiXeL (or BOLT if you buy from B&H) Battery pack issues?

JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
edited December 15, 2012 in Accessories
So I went to charge batteries today after a basketball game last night.. and I found something peculiar about one set of batteries in the pack. One side showed almost fully charged while the other side was completely drained.

For those not familiar the PiXeL packs are a little different than say the Canon packs. The Canon takes 8 AA batteries and needs all 8 to function. However the PiXeL you can run on 4 or 8 batteries because it has dual charging circuits so you can recycle faster which is nice for shooting sports.

My guess is one of the charging circuits is going.. and makes sense because I had a lot of issues with firing and not getting a lit shot on the 1st shot but the 2nd was fine (using my 1DX set to 6fps) and all the other packs went off (I use 4)

So, anyone else had issues with them? I'm going to move over to the Lithium packs mentioned here when they become available, but just curious if anyone else has had issues with these packs. And typically recycles should be very fast because I'm using 580EXII's at 1/8 power, sometimes 1/4. With 1/8 I can get 7-8 shots in a row before it become erratic, with 1/4 power 3-4.