Untitled (June 2012)

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited December 19, 2012 in Street and Documentary
DSC_0685-XL.jpg

Comments

• thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2012
    Very interesting, Jen. The shadow is fascinating and doesn't seem to belong to its owner.
    Travis
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2012
    It seems somehow incomplete ? ne_nau.gif

Having said that I would of shot it myself.
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2012
    I sat against a dark wall watching as group after group walked through the harsh light in the alley for about an hour. I've sat on the images for a while, but then this particular one began to resonate with me. Thanks for the comments.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2012
    The shadow seems at odds with the expected body language of the legs/feel of someone walking past. I like it.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2012
    michswiss wrote: »
    I sat against a dark wall watching as group after group walked through the harsh light in the alley for about an hour. I've sat on the images for a while, but then this particular one began to resonate with me. Thanks for the comments.

A female lurking in a dark alley for an hour might have her motives misconstrued.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2012
    Keeps the viewer guessing . I like it !
  • SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2012
    Definitely something 'film noir' about it which appeals to me. Compositionally I also like it. The only thing that throws it a bit for me is the bumper and indicator of the car behind the trailing leg.
    Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951
  • jpope42jpope42 Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2012
    I like that the legs and shadow seem disconnected, that is their actions seem very different (not physically separated). I'd almost like to see the car wheel on the left cropped away, although it does provide a framing element for a more claustrophobic feel.