Options

Mirrorless camera

klarsklars Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited December 18, 2012 in Cameras
If you were to buy a mirrorless camera
today, as a complement to your full frame DSLR, what would it be?

Comments

• Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2012
    NEX-7, though the Fuji X1-Pro looks very cool and retro.
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2012
    Yeah, the Fuji has me intrigued. Thanks.
  • Options
    EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2012
    Gh3
  • Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2012
    Fuji X-E1. A more compact X-Pro1, minus the hybrid VF. A proper aperture ring on the lenses, shutter speed dial and EC dial on the body, no AA filter, I want one.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2012
    I am intrigued with the new Sony NEX 6. Updated sensor. Standard hot shoe. Good high ISO performance. Fits my budget.
  • Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2012
    I own and love the Olympus OM-D E-M5 - awesome little camera and amazing image quality. The NEX cameras are quite nice as well, but I preferred the range and quality of lenses available in the Micro 4/3 system. The new Panasonic GH3 (mentioned by EphTwoEight) also deserves a strong look.
  • Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2012
    for me it would the EOS-M and 22mm pancake lens
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2012
    Thank you all. Can any of these cameras be used -with adapters - to other lenses - like Nikon?
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2012
    klars wrote: »
    Thank you all. Can any of these cameras be used -with adapters - to other lenses - like Nikon?

You can purchase adapters from some vendors, and many 3rd parties, however, in general, if the lens and body are from different makes (ie Sony camera and Nikon lens) they become manual lenses, which I think would be a serious pain with a camera that is not particularly simple to use manually. Depending on model, a few provide data back to the camera body allowing autofocus.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/01/17/Metabones_Conurus

Sony provides a fully compatible adapter for Sony DSLR lenses (and therefore Minolta).

Others are listed here:

http://sonyalphalab.com/sony-alpha-and-nex-technology-camera-and-lens-tutorial-guides/lens-adapters/

The Canon M model listed provides an adapter for Canon EOS lenses (one of the few attractive factors for that model IMHO)
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2012
    cmason wrote: »
    You can purchase adapters from some vendors, and many 3rd parties, however, in general, if the lens and body are from different makes (ie Sony camera and Nikon lens) they become manual lenses, which I think would be a serious pain with a camera that is not particularly simple to use manually. Depending on model, a few provide data back to the camera body allowing autofocus.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/01/17/Metabones_Conurus

Sony provides a fully compatible adapter for Sony DSLR lenses (and therefore Minolta).

Others are listed here:

http://sonyalphalab.com/sony-alpha-and-nex-technology-camera-and-lens-tutorial-guides/lens-adapters/

The Canon M model listed provides an adapter for Canon EOS lenses (one of the few attractive factors for that model IMHO)

Thank you. Yes, manual would be doable but a pain. Although, for my longer lenses it might be an option.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2012
    Thank you. Manual would be doable, but a pain. Although, for my longer lenses it might make sense.