Baby boy <3

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited December 26, 2012 in People
Well THAT was fun! This is my first ever newborn session, and I sure got lucky -this little guy was an absolute gem. The only thing we had to forego was bare butt shots, because he hates being completely bare; I got some in a diaper, and then used a scarf that I have as a wrap.

There are more to come, but these are the ones I really liked on the first pass. He was very calm and slept for most of the hour, but woke up and was alert long enough for me to get some of him awake too. He's an extremely UNfussy baby, so he made my job really easy.

5dII + big window for light. Black fuzzy blanket. Wicker basket underneath (got a few with the basket showing, but I actually prefer the all-black bg look for babies given a choie). Didn't have enough space to use the 135L, so wound up switching between the 24-70 and 85 1.8 in the end.

i-nGhVTQd-L.jpg

i-nfSgTPT-L.jpg

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2012
    Cute, but surely there must be more!!!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2012
    Yes, plenty more, but these were the ones which jumped out at me on first cull :)

They had him in a stripy Christmas outfit - it's cute in real life, but was hard to shoot - still figuring out how to bring out the best of those. I'll post more later if it's not gonna bore everybody to tears!!
    edited December 19, 2012
    I love this kind of shooting. Two of my nurses are pregnant. They claim I'm more excited about the photo prospects than the actual baby!
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2012
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2012
    I really like the first one!bowdown.gif I can imagine a tiny cell phone in his left hand saying, " Aaaah, Mom...what time did you say lunch was? rolleyes1.gif Can't wait to see the rest!

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2012
    Very nice. Like the setup - blanket, basket and window light.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2012
    clap.gifclapclap.gif Really nice job on these. Really like both of them. Can't wait to see more. Now... when is that wedding you are going to do? :D
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2012
    Love 'em and it's so nice to see infant shots with open eyes!! Beautifully done.
    edited December 19, 2012
    Gary752 wrote: »
    I really like the first one!bowdown.gif I can imagine a tiny cell phone in his left hand saying, " Aaaah, Mom...what time did you say lunch was? rolleyes1.gif Can't wait to see the rest!

GaryB

Yes - the cellphone position!!! That's exactly what I thought when I saw it too :)

Thanks guys. Steaming through the set and will post more when theyr'e done. My biggest frustration at the moment is one of the few of all three of them - great shot, but crappy background and framed too tight. Trying to figure out what to do with it.... headscratch.gif
  • michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2012
    Really diggin the lighting on #1. Uhhh..more please! :D
    wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
    fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com
    edited December 19, 2012
    Really diggin the lighting on #1. Uhhh..more please! :D

Big sliding glass window ftw! Was tricky at first since the sun suddenly decided to come out (too direct - shadowy) but clouds came back and made it a *perfect* "softbox" :)

Since y'all asked..... :D

3. Can't decide if I like this better with or without the floor (as in #1 & 4)

i-mW2Wpm3-L.jpg

4. Elf baby!

i-fC93VQN-L.jpg

i-mSjB92f-L.jpg

6. i-sFpHRSh-L.jpg

7. i-LTKhB3G-L.jpg

8. i-QtLHPmd-L.jpg
  • BBstringerBBstringer Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2012
    I'll take that baby!!! First shot and number six with Mom...both just touched my heart. That's wonderful Divamum....you've got the touch.

#1; "Uhm...she's not here right now...can I take a message?" :-)))
    edited December 20, 2012
    Thanks BB! I had fun. Steaming through the set now, hoping to get finished before the weekend. I can hope!
    edited December 21, 2012
    They've certainly got to be pleased with what you've already done. Good stuff.
    edited December 21, 2012
    I got a mini-set of about a dozen uploaded so they can order before the holidays if they want. They are definitely pleased - although I think they'd have liked any pictures of that perfect boy :) I'm happy too, though - it's really exciting to know that I've put together the skills to work outside my comfort zone (especially when REALLY busy and distracted with other stuff, including my own kid home with a concussion, holidays etc etc). A great experience all round <3
    edited December 22, 2012
    Well, he looks to be quite the little Christmas present himself :-). Again, good job. Hope things settle down for you so you can relax and enjoy the holidays.
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2012
    Wow, these shots are beautiful. Great work! Newborns are so hard, especially trying to get the eyes open. But you nailed it!
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2012
    awww great job Diva!! they're tough to shoot but fun!
    edited December 22, 2012
    These are great! #6 FTW.

I like the additional warmth the wood floor brings in #3
    edited December 23, 2012
    Thanks guys - it was fun!
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 23, 2012
    Very enjoyable series, Diva. I love the feet and hands details shots, especially #2 the best. But I'd like to see it in the natural skin tones of most of the other shots. Great job on these all the way around. thumb.gif
  • CloudOnMyTongueCloudOnMyTongue Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited December 26, 2012
    Oh My that shot of the parents hands around the babies feet is just gorgeous! Great job.
  • coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2012
    nice nice ! good job !