What to do about a puffy face?

DemianDemian Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
edited December 21, 2012 in People
A woman I work with is taking medication that causes her face to swell, and she's a little sensitive about it. But she needs to be in photos, so.... is there anything I can do to minimize the appearance of swelling?

Any suggestions are appreciated :D

Comments

• bmoreshooterbmoreshooter Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2012
    Are these going to be individuals or part of a group?
  • DemianDemian Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2012
    Largely group shots. She's part of our organization's leadership, so I usually take candids of her at events we host or sponsor, or group shots with organizations we partner with.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2012
    Tough call. I'd probably do a bit of tasteful and very discreet de-puffing, although not all of it since that would make her think, "Gosh I must have looked REALLY bad".

First thing is make sure she's short-lit (light hitting the rear side of her face more than the camera side) to flatter and slim. That will help right there.

You'll probably want to do some retouching too, I suspect. Free transform and liquify are going to be your friends here, unless you have something like Portrait Professional which will do the facial morphing for you (with very mixed results - sometimes it's good, other times it looks REALLY fake).
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2012
    Agree with Diva, shadows and liquify.
  • DemianDemian Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2012
    Thanks for the advice! I'll probably be back here once I have something to work with :X My previous attempts at liquify have been... unsatisfactory.