Blog on wildlife physiology & natural history

HMBergerHMBerger Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited December 27, 2012 in Wildlife
Wildlife phtographers spend so much time waiting for decisive moments. My wife & I do for 4 months a year in game reserves in Africa. So I decided to start a blog on wildlife physiology & natural history, concentrating on,but not only discussing, the fauna of Africa.

I started it earlier in the year but waited until now to mention it so that I could first build up a body of topics e.g. why hyena birth is so difficult, why mongoose are resistant to cobra bites, temperature regulation in the desert, dark adaptation & flash photography etc.

I of course am just trying to simplify the work of the original scientists, and hope to make it easier for wildlife enthusiasts whatever their scientific background. Thus if you use washbasins & drink milkshakes this blog might be your thing when patiently waiting for animals to appear.

Have a peep at http://blog.africaraw.com

Constructive criticism would be most welcome as I will continue to gradually plough through this very large field of work & put an "object oriented" tint to it all by using everyday analogies.

Comments

• GaleGale Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2012
    Very nice and informative.
    Thank you for sharing the extensive information.

Happy New Year
    Best Regards
    Gale

www.pbase.com/techwish