Options

Challenge 52 - WW II Warbird

Wizard1929Wizard1929 Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited November 24, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I was sorta thinkin' of something like this!

Comments

• Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2005
    OK Wiz... I really like this idea. It is different from all the other "bird" shots. When I think of bird I wonder, as a photographer, "what is different?" "what is not like anybody else?"

Your idea is on the right track... However, I think you might want to look at the composition of your shot. How can you make this look different? How can you offer something that cannot be seen by the average person.

Different angles, taking the shot from the inside of the plane where few people will ever be. Cropping the shot and adjusting the colors a bit to highlight colors already there.

This is what I did... Sorry if I abused your original idea. I am trying to illustrate "different"

warbird.jpg

If I am way off base, please let me know and I will remove this post. I am only trying to help.

Have I made any sense? Let me know.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2005
    Very nice thumb.gif
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2005
    I agree with John that you have a really, really good idea and I love the plane you chose to shoot. I also agree with him that the composition could be improved to make this great idea really stand out in the challenge. John's crop is neat, but I'll bet you will have your own ideas. Me, I'm wondering what I will able to do with the thanksgiving turkey. :D Besides eating it, that is. binge.gif

Happy Thanksgiving!

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2005
    johno's crop: I would enter that or one just like it.

Good idea and photo in the first place

the crop brings it homel

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    Wizard1929Wizard1929 Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited November 24, 2005
    Thanks for the replies and critiques. It's pretty much as I thought, but I had a reason for submiting that shot. I have a computer problem and when I get it sorted out, I will elaborate.

BTW - How do you cancel a reply if you change your mind?

Wiz
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2005
    This is a good shot, I agree with the others that it needs a different crop.

To back out of a reply, I just use the back button on my browser.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.