First Time poster long time reader :)

DiggersDiggers Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited December 31, 2012 in People
Outdoor natural light:
No specific eye edits were done to this photo other than overall sharpening of image, and overall lighting adjustments. This photo was taken on the very edge of open shade at 2:00pm on a bright and sunny afternoon. there was a large white building and empty light stone gravel lot in front of her bouncing light back onto her and thus creating the reflection in her eyes.

Comments and Critics welcome ... always striving to learn and improve!

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2012
    I like this one. Comp and crop is nice. Love that she's off center and there isn't too much negative space. BG is very complimentary. Like that the white square boxes her in. Lighting is nice. Connection with the subject is good as well. The color seems a little off as does the contrast, a bit too much, but I suspect that both are due to compression from uploaded the image. You may want to host the image someplace on the net like SmugMug or Flickr and then hotlink the image in your post. Quality is much better that way.

BTW, welcome to the People forum. Share more photos!
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2012
    Love those eyes!!!! Skin does look a tad golden, maybe if not compression, a slight temperature/ tone adjust? Nice job on laying out the shot.
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2012
    Looks beautiful to me. The eyes are great. It's probably just me but IMO the white door trim (looks like door trim?) being slanted makes me feel like the image should be rotated a bit clockwise. Maybe it's because the alignment of her head seems to line up with the lines in the background. Not sure. Very nice though.
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2012
    LOVE the eyes, great job. Only nit is the horizon seems a little tilted. This is something to be proud of !!clap.gif
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2012
    nice eyes - good shot
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited December 26, 2012
    Welcome to dgrin!

Love the eyes and intensity of this shot!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • DiggersDiggers Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited December 30, 2012
    I like this one. Comp and crop is nice. Love that she's off center and there isn't too much negative space. BG is very complimentary. Like that the white square boxes her in. Lighting is nice. Connection with the subject is good as well. The color seems a little off as does the contrast, a bit too much, but I suspect that both are due to compression from uploaded the image. You may want to host the image someplace on the net like SmugMug or Flickr and then hotlink the image in your post. Quality is much better that way.

BTW, welcome to the People forum. Share more photos!

Thanks for the feedback & tip! I tried linking to Flickr and for some reason my http link wouldn't show ... will try again for future shots ... and yes the upload really changed this image! The colour went a little wonky her skin is not this yellow in the orig and the contrast has been boosted also .. hmmm ... gonna have to fix my linking issues :)
    edited December 30, 2012
    dlscott56 wrote: »
    Looks beautiful to me. The eyes are great. It's probably just me but IMO the white door trim (looks like door trim?) being slanted makes me feel like the image should be rotated a bit clockwise. Maybe it's because the alignment of her head seems to line up with the lines in the background. Not sure. Very nice though.

I agree with you 100% ... the alignment is distracting! I will work on correcting this! Thank you so much for your feedback!
    edited December 30, 2012
    This is the sharpened and saved for Facebook version but I just wanted to post the alignment fix! One other thing that was bugging me was whether or not I should clone out the rusted nails?
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2012
    The tilt didn't bug me but now that you point out the nails...

My Smug Site
    edited December 30, 2012
    The tilt didn't bug me but now that you point out the nails...

Laughing.gif ... Ya I know the NAILS Laughing.gif ... They didn't bother me before but now Ughh ... I just don't know ne_nau.gif

This is my daughter River and as her mom I am biased and believe her to be the most beautiful girl ever! She is my favorite model to shoot and although I am sad that my passion for photography didn't begin earlier in her life I am ever grateful that I will be able to shoot her growth in the years to come as she hopefully slowly approaches adulthood! I'd love to keep her 11 forever!
    edited December 30, 2012
    Another shot from the same shoot! Wish I was a little more prepared in directing the wind blown hair but I like it all the same.
    edited December 30, 2012
    I love this last one more than the other one. Nothing wrong with hair unless you're really going to nit pick things and even then, it's fine if you ask me. There really isn't much I'd change. I like the composition and the lighting is great. Exposure is awesome especially with the whites being intact. Good job.

My Smug Site
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2012
    Diggers these are both beautifully done. thumb.gif