Options

Ak-47

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited December 26, 2012 in People
Does not need a lot of explanation, or does it ?
zoomsteve%20%281%20of%201%29-XL.jpg
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 26, 2012
    His finger normally wouldn't be on the trigger while aiming at the sky in a resting position like that. Otherwise it's a lovely and compelling photo.
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2012
    Interesting shot. I think his face is a little too clean/civilized for the image he is to portray.

kdog, the untrained "rebels" and extremists would hold their finger on the trigger.. I saw that plenty. Those who are trained in wielding weapons are taught that, those who grow into the role on the side of the road aren't.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2012
    nice shot - but AK looks plastic :)
  • Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2012
    I'm not sure how much someone in the pictured situation would be concerned/trained with proper trigger discipline....the weapon is hot in that photo (well is supposed to look that way) so it could be waiting for someone. But as others have said there's something off with the model....not sure if it's from the very clean clothes that are in good shape, or something about the face. I can't put my finger on what exactly but something makes it look like he doesn't "fit" with that situation.
    coolpinsky wrote: »

And it's not an AK-47, likely an AK-100 series.
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2012
    kdog wrote: »
    His finger normally wouldn't be on the trigger while aiming at the sky in a resting position like that. Otherwise it's a lovely and compelling photo.

Thanks for the comments, i would just say he is waiting based on the look. But then again who knows.
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2012
    Foques wrote: »
    Interesting shot. I think his face is a little too clean/civilized for the image he is to portray.

kdog, the untrained "rebels" and extremists would hold their finger on the trigger.. I saw that plenty. Those who are trained in wielding weapons are taught that, those who grow into the role on the side of the road aren't.

TXS for the comments, I will let him know that his face is to civilized rolleyes1.gif Its an older men that I happen to run into in a bar . I asked him to do a few shots. The finger on the trigger was my guidance, I have seen it as well during my tour in Afghanistan.
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2012
    coolpinsky wrote: »

TXS, and it is not plastic. But good spotting its a scale 1/1 fake in metal.
    I was looking for a real one, but hard to find.
    I did got a contact on the Internet who wanted to sell one in an underground parking in Brussels for 50 Euro's. I didn't got the balls to meet him. Certainly not at 0200Hr in an underground parking in Brussels.
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2012
    I'm not sure how much someone in the pictured situation would be concerned/trained with proper trigger discipline....the weapon is hot in that photo (well is supposed to look that way) so it could be waiting for someone. But as others have said there's something off with the model....not sure if it's from the very clean clothes that are in good shape, or something about the face. I can't put my finger on what exactly but something makes it look like he doesn't "fit" with that situation.

And it's not an AK-47, likely an AK-100 series.

TXS for the tips, something to remember for my next shoot. And indeed it is a AK-100 (Good spotting)
  • Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2012
    D3Sshooter wrote: »
    TXS for the tips, something to remember for my next shoot. And indeed it is a AK-100 (Good spotting)

No problem. I think it being an AK-100 might be one of the issues, seeing a new relatively modern rifle doesn't look right in that situation as fighters like the person is portraying would have usually AKM/AK-74 style rifles. You can get some decent ones with real wood stocks for 100-300 USD, and I'm sure there are tips somewhere to show you how to give a rifle the appearance of age since these would have been in use in rough conditions for 30+ years now.