Options

API Defect with my Albums

ntablemanntableman Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
Hello-

I am using this API

http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/API/show+1.2.2?method=smugmug.images.get via the PHP version. I can able to get images for all my albums but two.

These two do not work:

http://photos.tableman.com/Sports/Indian-Creek-Climbing/26497914_qjgZ27#!i=2212957167&k=ZLtsXX3

http://photos.tableman.com/Sports/Red-Rock-Climbing/26920991_vk5nh2#!i=2256466164&k=q5989KK

Every other album of mine works. Most of my albums are public, so feel free to take a look and give me any ideas. I am passing in the sessionid, albumid and key. As I said, it works for all (over 15) but these two.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2012
    I'm no API expert, but perhaps you could post more details on what specific response you get (including the error code or message if there is one) for those two galleries? Could you also share the specific request that you place to request the info?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2012
    Have you tried the query directly with the api and not using the php wrapper?. The php wrapper may have a bug.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2013
    SamirD wrote: »
    Have you tried the query directly with the api and not using the php wrapper?. The php wrapper may have a bug.

OK, so I am still new to working with these API's - it there some test application or test harness out there? Any helpful ideas on how to test this without PHP would be appreciated, because I agree that removing that layer would be helpful.
  • Options
    edited January 15, 2013
    I'm no API expert, but perhaps you could post more details on what specific response you get (including the error code or message if there is one) for those two galleries? Could you also share the specific request that you place to request the info?

So this is SmugWP, not my code. I see lots of issues with the code, but one is that I cannot figure out where if anyplace it is logging errors. I am hunting for that and will see what I can find.

It is really disappointing that smugmug doesn't have a solid WP integration and find it odd that I am the only one using this plug in or I am the only one having this problem, which makes me think something is up with me albums, but have been told no...

I am going to try to keep fixing this mostly to keep my existing work on my blog working, but moving to another service with better integration is on the to-do list.
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2013
    Check this out for a step-by-step on using the API via a browser:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=137990
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2013
    ntableman wrote: »
    So this is SmugWP, not my code. I see lots of issues with the code, but one is that I cannot figure out where if anyplace it is logging errors. I am hunting for that and will see what I can find.

It is really disappointing that smugmug doesn't have a solid WP integration and find it odd that I am the only one using this plug in or I am the only one having this problem, which makes me think something is up with me albums, but have been told no...

I am going to try to keep fixing this mostly to keep my existing work on my blog working, but moving to another service with better integration is on the to-do list.
    The SmugWP plugin isn't something provided by us and as much as we'd like to, it's not something we can support. Perhaps you could reach out to the developer for troubleshooting?

From what I can see SmugWP hasn't been updated in 3 years. It's possible that there's an issue with it (or one of its components, like the old phpSmug it seems to use) that only shows in certain cases.

On our hacks and apps page we list other Wordpress plugins as well. Did you try out one of the other plugins to see if it works better for you?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero