Locations in Scottish Highlands?

scootacscootac Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
My wife and I will be traveling to Scotland on vacation,,, probably in May or June. Suggestions for good, out-of-the-way scenic shots would be appreciated!
We will be driving around on our own so will be sampling the local flavor as much as possible!:D

THANKS!!!
The world is a book, those that do not travel, read but one page.

Comments

• docwhadocwha Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 12, 2013
    Where in Scotland are you staying? There are lots of nice areas in the North. Glencoe is particularly photogenic. Lots of nice places over on the North West too and across on the small islands. You can get an island hopper ferry and go from island to island.
  • scootacscootac Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2013
    We will be renting a car and driving all around. Arriving in Glasgow early May, then heading to the Highlands. Isle Of Skye then north along the coast and counterclockwise to Edinburgh and back to Glasgow. Have 10 days so hoping to see quite a bit.
    The world is a book, those that do not travel, read but one page.
  • karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2013
    scootac wrote: »
    We will be renting a car and driving all around. Arriving in Glasgow early May, then heading to the Highlands. Isle Of Skye then north along the coast and counterclockwise to Edinburgh and back to Glasgow. Have 10 days so hoping to see quite a bit.

What do you want to make images of? How far do you want to hike? How far are you willing to drive? Elgol, Neist Point, the Quiraing, Talisker Bay, Portree Harbour, Uig, Glenbrittle and the surroundings -- all classic spots on Skye and most fairly easy to get to.

For Skye, I would highly recommend: http://www.amazon.com/The-Isle-Skye-Walkers-Cicerone/dp/1852845600/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366226827&sr=8-2&keywords=isle+of+skye

and don't forget to take in Eilean Donan on the A87 in Dornie, which is just a few miles east of Kyleakin and Skye.