Options

My first wedding to shoot.

Pyro1Pyro1 Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
edited February 18, 2013 in Weddings
IMG_8132-XL.jpg

IMG_7963-XL.jpg

IMG_8051-XL.jpg

Not my usual gig, I have a lot to learn.....

Comments

• Options
    coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2012
    u did wery well - good job
    love the colors !
  • Options
    karloznzkarloznz Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2012
    Well done - very good first effort. Wedding photography is difficult and I think you did great job
    Carl Lea Wedding and event photographer - Wellington - Web Site
  • Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2013
    The first shot has such a balanced, shadow-less exposure that it looks photoshopped. One way to avoid having an incredible sunset in the background NOT look photoshopped is, to get the subject lighting to be a little bit more dramatic. It should come from a bit more of an angle; so that you can at least discern one side of the face as more shadowy than the other. If the light looks less flattering from the side, diffuse it. :-)

Overall, great shots though! You clearly have a good technical foundation for this kind of stuff, it is just the small creative decisions such as above that you will grow with...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    Pyro1Pyro1 Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2013
    The first shot has such a balanced, shadow-less exposure that it looks photoshopped. One way to avoid having an incredible sunset in the background NOT look photoshopped is, to get the subject lighting to be a little bit more dramatic. It should come from a bit more of an angle; so that you can at least discern one side of the face as more shadowy than the other. If the light looks less flattering from the side, diffuse it. :-)

Overall, great shots though! You clearly have a good technical foundation for this kind of stuff, it is just the small creative decisions such as above that you will grow with...

=Matt=

Thanks Matt, yes it is new to me, I shot the first one with two Einsteins, one camera right, one camera left. I know it looks too good not to be PS, both a blessing and a curse, but the main thing is that they liked it & I really have learned from the experience. Thanks for your suggestions, I'll sure give it a try.

Jeff
  • Options
    TomHarmonTomHarmon Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited January 30, 2013
    The third shot is your best. You have a lot of direct flash which makes for uninteresting and flat light. Trying using natural light, or get your flash off camera and to the side a bit.
  • Options
    karloznzkarloznz Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2013
    The last shot is cool - love the young boy with the sign
    Carl Lea Wedding and event photographer - Wellington - Web Site