Family from today

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited December 28, 2012 in People
Just a quick one from this afternoon. It's been raining here all week and got real freaking lucky with a beautiful sunny day. Still a little cold (60 degrees LOL) though.

DSC_8313-Edit-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2012
    Question... what do you think of this version compared to the one above? There is a slight difference. Can you tell?

DSC_8313-Edit-Edit-X2.jpg

My Smug Site
  • coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2012
    like the shot
    the 1st one is just a bit darker yup ? maybe more contrasts.
    I like more the faces on the 2nd one - rest on the 1st one :)
    California, man . So jealous about the weather ....
  • LubinskiLubinski Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2012
    How was this one setup? I'm really liking it and the rim light from the sun makes it quite nice.
    ~Lubinski
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2012
    Like the darker colors with the tighter crop. Pay more attention to those specular highlights as they are a tad over exposed. Really like your use of lighting. You've caught on very fast.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2012
    coolpinsky wrote: »
    like the shot
    the 1st one is just a bit darker yup ? maybe more contrasts.
    I like more the faces on the 2nd one - rest on the 1st one :)
    California, man . So jealous about the weather ....

Thanks. Yeah, I think I agree and yes about our weather. I was commenting to my wife about the fact that I can shoot outside during the winter months where so many of you all can't. She said that's why we pay so much to live here. Guess she's right.
    Lubinski wrote: »
    How was this one setup? I'm really liking it and the rim light from the sun makes it quite nice.

Very simple setup. Nikon SB900 speedlight in a large shoot through umbrella on camera left, just outside of the frame. Triggered wirelessly. As you mentioned, sun as rim. I shoot almost all of my outdoor portraits with this simple setup. Easy peasy and has worked well for me so far.
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Like the darker colors with the tighter crop. Pay more attention to those specular highlights as they are a tad over exposed. Really like your use of lighting. You've caught on very fast.

Thanks Hack. Yeah, rim on the girl is too much. Mom is just right. Will watch for that.

My Smug Site
  • EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2012
    Looks really good!
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2012
    Why are bushes growing out of dad's left arm?

Sam
    edited December 28, 2012
    Great eye Sam. I didn't even notice that. Thanks.

Time to pull out the "Hedge Trimmer" tool in Photoshop.

My Smug Site
  • KyTomKyTom Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2012
    Nice photo. Good looking family. I like the color and contrast in the first. I'm just not much on the lighter, washed out look. It also seems to lessen the impact of the sun highlights. I love those. Just my opinion.
    www.tommybartleyphotography.com
    Canon 1D Marklll; Canon 60D; Tamron 28-75 f2.8; Canon 50 f1.4; Canon 70-200 f4.0; Canon 15-85 IS; Sigma 15 f2.8; Canon 580 ll flash; Canon 430 flash; Canon ST-E2 Transmitter; Various filters, bags and diffusers.