Adelie Penguins

furiousfartfuriousfart Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
edited December 31, 2012 in Wildlife
So I'm lucky enough to work someplace where I get to go hang out and watch penguins at least a few times a week do what they do. What is it they do? Well mostly poo, build nests, sit on nests, and go crazy at each other when they steal pebbles from each other.

Case in point.

8320405116_074e424f23.jpg

Also penguin chicks are super cute.
8319404253_dcb3cbd35d.jpg

Also the other important thing to know about penguins is they smell, oh do they smell. Be glad I can't share that with you all.

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2012
    One of the great things about this forum is the opportunity to get a glimpse at places we can't get to. I have loved penguins since I was a kid and to see captures of them in the wild is a thrill. Love that chick capture.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2012
    That's quite cool. The only time I get to see Penquins is through glass. The second shot is really nice.
  • furiousfartfuriousfart Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2012
    It is really amazing to see them in the wild. They are amazing creatures. The chicks grow so fast. The picture up above is about two weeks ago and the one below is from yesterday. If you ever get the chance to take a cruise to Antarctica it is well worth it to go. The closer you look the more amazing it is.

8330043658_fe9506dd6c.jpg