Options

New Monopod

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited December 29, 2012 in Accessories
I just received my new monopod, which I think is pretty neat. It's a Oben ACM-2400L. Here is the link to check it out: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/687349-REG/Oben_ACM_2400L_ACM_2400L_4_Section_Aluminum_Monopod.html I also added a ball head for when using a lens that doesn't utilize a lens mount. Another feature that I think is cool is they incorporate a belt clip into the hand strap. Be sure to click in the Demo button to see how easy it is to setup. The demo also shows their complete line of monopods and ball heads.

I decided on this one from watching a re-broadcast of Sue Bryce on Creative live, as she used something simular.

GaryB
GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 29, 2012
    Nice monopod. I'm not sure I'd trust the feet to hold a body with a big lens.
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2012
    captain78 wrote: »
    Nice monopod. I'm not sure I'd trust the feet to hold a body with a big lens.

If you click on the specifications tab when looking at the product, look at the maximum weight supported. Those legs that fold out are steel, not aluminum (sp?). As long as you're on a hard surface, it's rather sturdy.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams