Options

119 options...

superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
edited January 6, 2013 in The Dgrin Challenges
Tempted as I am to "wait and see", I'm trying to avoid the obvious fireworks options a lot of us will have over the next few days. I took these last night on a walkabout in St Augustine Fl. The city was very beautifully lit up (as usual) for the holidays. I'm torn between these.. Any critique or comments (or even thoughts that these don't cut it and I should wait for the fireworks) greatly appreciated...

p1355449596-5.jpg

p1355450194-5.jpg

p1355760292-5.jpg

p1355762074-5.jpg

p1355762236-5.jpg
Accidents and Inspiration
One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..

Comments

• Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2012
    They are all lovely! I absolutely love #2! I think #4 fits the theme best since you've got some people in there and looks like celebration is in progress.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2012
    Thanks for the kind words PedalGirl. St Augustine is a real treasure for nice shots. It's one of those places where you can almost just point your camera and get something interesting.

You've hit the nail right on the head with your comment (where my decision is concerned). I'm really thrilled with how #2 came out but I think #4 fits the theme a bit better. I'm going to attend a few New Years events tomorrow with friends and I'll see if I can get lucky there. There will be fireworks and firecrackers and and a lot of real celebrating going on so I've got time to decide I suppose.
    Accidents and Inspiration
    One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2013
    I agree that #4 is the only one that fits the theme. Nice night shots.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2013
    The set truly does feel festive......
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2013
    I like both #1 and #4. #4 is my favorite and to me the only one that really fits the theme. That's just me, though. I have noticed other photos in the entry gallery that don't have people in them, so don't take my word for it!

Nice job getting quality night shots that really show the festive scene.

Sherry