Holiday 2012 (a teaser)

CTUphotoCTUphoto Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited January 1, 2013 in People
I know, I know....Christmas is over. Cut me some slack. I just got back from Afghanistan a little over a month ago. I swear, everything has been a blur! I don't know where the time goes. One minute it was Thanksgiving and the next I was sweeping up wrapping paper bits off the floor.

Anyway, a couple weeks back we shot some holiday photos. We did a set in my mock-studio/living room (wife lets it be a studio, like....once a year!), and then we ran out back and did a handful out in the snow.

I love the outdoor ones (will get a longer post with them all in it up tomorrow, maybe), but this one of my son is one of my faves from the indoor series.

IMG_4787_edited-1-M.jpg

Three light set-up shot against some cheap black fabric (that's sitting in front of a pretty big window, the light from which bled through the fabric). This was my first time (EVER!) using a hair light. I was so excited by the results. It really does draw the subject out of the background. This was a set-up shot for the a series where Jack, my youngest, was standing on a chair between his older sisters (on the chair to put his heard about even with the other two). I know the chair kind of detracts from the composition, but I still love this shot.
Justin Benson
CTU Photography

Comments

• PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2013
    Nice shot & cute kid.
    I wish he was looking at the camera.

Chuck Cassidy,
    D300S, 50mm 1.4D,
    www.icurdigital.com
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • CTUphotoCTUphoto Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2013
    Yeah, that he definitely does NOT like to do (or stand still for very long).
    Justin Benson
    CTU Photography