Options

I knew this / now I don't need help

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited January 1, 2013 in Finishing School
OK,

I am getting ready to print on canvas using my own printer and need to extend and or mirror
1 1/2 inches all around for the frame wrapping.

I am using CS5 and thought I knew how to do this, but alas it seems I don't.

Anyone know how to do this in CS5?

Sam

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited December 31, 2012
    Image -> Canvas size with white as the extension color and add the needed dimensions in the height and width boxes in inches. ( Depends on the size of the frame your canvas will be stretched on - usually 1 or 2 inch stock )

Then you can select and paint the white borders as you choose, either with a solid color, or clone in from the periphery of your print, or even use the content aware fill command.

I tend to just do it in Genuine Fractals which has a dialogue box to allow enlarging the margins for canvas printing.

Happy New Year, Sam!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2012
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2013
    pathfinder wrote: »
    Image -> Canvas size with white as the extension color and add the needed dimensions in the height and width boxes in inches. ( Depends on the size of the frame your canvas will be stretched on - usually 1 or 2 inch stock )

Then you can select and paint the white borders as you choose, either with a solid color, or clone in from the periphery of your print, or even use the content aware fill command.

I tend to just do it in Genuine Fractals which has a dialogue box to allow enlarging the margins for canvas printing.

Happy New Year, Sam!

Jim,

This is what I done forgot!!! Genuine Fractals is de bomb...................:D

Sam
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2013
    arodney wrote: »

Thanks!! This I didn't know, but looks like a great alternate way to create the added dimensions for a gallery wrap. clap.gifclapclap.gif

Sam