Options

question about events

jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited January 3, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
If I create an event, and save a "template" for the email... does that mean that everyone who registers will receive that same email? Or will they receive the generic smugmug one? Sometimes I have things I want to say to the customer that I might not want Uncle Bob to see. Or a special discount that I don't want the whole world to know about... just wondering what exactly other people receive when they register?
Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube

Comments

• Options
    HeroOfCantonHeroOfCanton Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2013
    Hi Jason,

The template is unique to that Event. However, when you are sending emails to your registered users or those you register, you can obviously change it. That said, there aren't multiple templates, so you will need to copy different text into something like a Word document or else you can just send the first batch and then go change Uncle Bob's and send his last.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

With best regards,
    Ryan W.
    Quality Engineer - My SmugMug Site

Getting started on DGrin? Go here first!
    Contact a Support Hero: http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2013
    I am talking about the emails I DON'T send... like when someone registers and they get an email with instructions on how to access their own personal page.

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2013
    Those emails come out automatically, I don't send them myself. Do they use the saved template?

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2013
    Hi Jason,
    I just gave it a try and the template is only for emails you send out yourself. You can't modify emails that are sent if visitors register themselves.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero