A Couple of Eagles...

NatureZoneNatureZone Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited January 7, 2013 in Wildlife
Found these eagles last weekend... almost never took the golden because of the snow. Now it's one of my favorites from the shoot.

www.naturezonephotography.com

p1360919794-4.jpg

p1360919758-4.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Karl Krieger
Helena, Montana

Comments

• AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2013
    These are gorgeous - wonderful atmospherics. Love the bokeh. The second one "pops" a bit more than the first - not sure why. Maybe more contrasty colour? I like how you left some room on the right for the second one.
    Beautiful photos and well worth suffering the conditions.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • PacificklausPacificklaus Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2013
    Elegant animals! This is in Montana?
  • PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2013
    Eagles are so special, and I love both shots, but the snow really makes the second one. That shot does pop more, as AceCo55 noticed, maybe because of the color but also because you got such good detail in all the feathers. On my monitor, it looks like maybe the Eagle could use a little more detail in the whitest part of its head, and the darkest part of its back feathers. It is such a difficult exposure challenge with the white and the very dark together. Both are wonderful shots, though, with nice lighting on the bird's faces. I wish we had Eagles where we are! Best, Pam
  • fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2013
    Majectic, Regal, Elegant. Love EAGLES! Nice images!
  • LightsearcherLightsearcher Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2013
    Beautiful shots..!! thank you for sharing.

Marcelo