The Knox Family [Lifestyle]

michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
edited January 26, 2013 in People
I photographed this one on New Years Day. Wonderful family, we had a lot of fun. This was my first family lifestyle session. Pretty stoked :D The rest, as usual, can be seen on my blog

1. 5596413_orig.jpg
2. 5530467_orig.jpg
3. 9509348_orig.jpg
4. 5313773_orig.jpg
5. 2056848_orig.jpg
6. 5313389_orig.jpg
7. 9707498_orig.jpg
8. 2572987_orig.jpg
9. 5148621_orig.jpg
10. 3928319_orig.jpg
11. 4061164_orig.jpg
12. 690388_orig.jpg
wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2013
    what a great set..energy all over the place!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2013
    Qarik wrote: »
    what a great set..energy all over the place!

Thanks Qarik! The family was a lot of fun. Very easy to work with! :D
    edited January 22, 2013
    I was curious if anyone else had feedback about this set? I've never shot families before, so I'm curious of what you guys think! CC is always welcomed :)
  • EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2013
    I really like #5, what length was the lens at in that shot? And I like your low position.

They are all really fun. 10 is weird with the house behind them, but maybe they wanted it?

I think these are more fun than most boring portraits.

Well done.thumb.gif
    edited January 24, 2013
    I really like #5, what length was the lens at in that shot? And I like your low position.

They are all really fun. 10 is weird with the house behind them, but maybe they wanted it?

I think these are more fun than most boring portraits.

Well done.thumb.gif

Thanks!

All of these were shot on Canon's 35L f/1.4 lens. As for 10, it was my idea to position them there. I did it more for the open field rather than the house thumb.gif
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2013
    The family must of had a blast with you, they seem to be having a great time while showing their love for one another. The last image tells alot about them with the various framed photographs behind them.

I have 3 nits.. in #11 you could do your client a favor by cloning out the exposed skin at waistline of subject on the far left, it is distracting and not flattering. I'd clone out the pocket too. In #3 and #5 the smallest member looks very small because she is farther away from the camera than larger members. Think about switching her placement next time with a larger person . You would be making them both look better. In 3 her head is about 50% smaller than the gal in front on the right. This could be fixed in PP but
    is much easier to prevent. I like the house in the background, I assume it is theirs, that is a great idea!
    Oh and watch the horizon, some seem to tilt down on the right, but that is a easy fix.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
    edited January 26, 2013
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    The family must of had a blast with you, they seem to be having a great time while showing their love for one another. The last image tells alot about them with the various framed photographs behind them.

I have 3 nits.. in #11 you could do your client a favor by cloning out the exposed skin at waistline of subject on the far left, it is distracting and not flattering. I'd clone out the pocket too. In #3 and #5 the smallest member looks very small because she is farther away from the camera than larger members. Think about switching her placement next time with a larger person . You would be making them both look better. In 3 her head is about 50% smaller than the gal in front on the right. This could be fixed in PP but
    is much easier to prevent. I like the house in the background, I assume it is theirs, that is a great idea!
    Oh and watch the horizon, some seem to tilt down on the right, but that is a easy fix.

Oh they certainly did! I wish I could have easy going clients like them all the time!

As for #11, thank you for pointing that out! I totally missed that, and now it bothers me..go figure haha.

Good points for 3 and 5, I'll take that into consideration for next time. The subjects in the back were scattered, rather than lined horizontally in the background. Maybe having the subjects in the back in a flat plane would fix the size problem. I'll be more aware of this for other family shoots. Thank you for the feedback!