Finally pulled out my lights

digitald33digitald33 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited January 7, 2013 in People
Long time lurker and finally bought some new softboxes for my strobes and got my daughter to sit for a few portraits. jan13-j5-table-portrait-M.jpg

Comments

• PhilD41PhilD41 Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2013
    Looks great to me. I am another lurker on the forums and don't post too often either. I just got a light setup for Christmas and am waiting for everything to come in. I will be happy if my first work turns out anything like this. :-) Now if I could just figure out how to get my kids to sit still!
    -~= Philip =~-
    Go Shoot Something Already! - Flickr Photostream
    Have you performed a few Random Acts of Parenting today? :)
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2013
    solid effort. I would pull down the local contrast some..her face looks bit "dirty" where the shadows meet light.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • digitald33digitald33 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited January 7, 2013
    PhilD41 wrote: »
    Looks great to me. I am another lurker on the forums and don't post too often either. I just got a light setup for Christmas and am waiting for everything to come in. I will be happy if my first work turns out anything like this. :-) Now if I could just figure out how to get my kids to sit still!

Thanks, and I really don't have any ideas to get my kids to sit still either. My daughter is a total ham right now and will model anytime anywhere... My son on the other hand, holds his hand in front of the camera more than a smile! Congrats with you're new lights!
  • digitald33digitald33 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited January 7, 2013
    Qarik wrote: »
    solid effort. I would pull down the local contrast some..her face looks bit "dirty" where the shadows meet light.
    Thanks, I'll tinker the contrast a bit.
  • LightsearcherLightsearcher Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2013
    It is a great portrait and your daughter so beautiful.

Regards.

Marcelo