How the Soda City Rocked in 2012 - Concert Photography

theangrywhaletheangrywhale Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited January 7, 2013 in Street and Documentary
Here's my third (and final) installment of the year in review in Columbia, SC via live music imagery.
How the Soda City Rocked in 2012 - Concert Photography

Happy new year!
-Sean:barb

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited January 7, 2013
    I am going to once again suggest that you consider embedding your pictures here instead of trying to direct everyone to click elsewhere into your blog.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2013
    Hey Whale, a few thoughts. First, I certainly agree with David; if you're going to post here, post here.:-) Next, I find the water marks really distracting. Finally...The images are all technically excellent: good instant captured; good color; good exposure. But for some reason, and I can't explain this, they all are somehow dead. They look more like photos of exhibits in a wax museum than photos of dynamic moments captured at music events. As I said, I can't put my finger on why I react to the images this way; perhaps it's their very technical perfection that makes them seem somehow artificial? I'm just not sure.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2013
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Hey Whale, a few thoughts. First, I certainly agree with David; if you're going to post here, post here.:-) Next, I find the water marks really distracting. Finally...The images are all technically excellent: good instant captured; good color; good exposure. But for some reason, and I can't explain this, they all are somehow dead. They look more like photos of exhibits in a wax museum than photos of dynamic moments captured at music events. As I said, I can't put my finger on why I react to the images this way; perhaps it's their very technical perfection that makes them seem somehow artificial? I'm just not sure.

They are as B.D. said technically excellent and some very dramatic looking.
    you could lose the watermark, for sure.
    To the dead comment, I can see what he refers to and If I might add that they are lacking,
    motion blur !!

For such a presentation there needs to be some/a lot of motion blur, in the gestures of the artists.
    For me that would make them come alive!
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2013
    That may be it Ben.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed