Options

Blue Tip Winged Duck

Sask2005Sask2005 Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited November 26, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Sadly the only birds I could photograph were the winged variety so here is a blue-tip winged duck taking off. Comments please????

ImageDescription - OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Make - OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Model - E-300
ExposureTime - 1/200 seconds
FNumber - 4.2000
ISOSpeedRatings - 100
MaxApertureValue - F 3.50
Flash - 16
FocalLength - 108 mm
Photograph: Nov 23, 2005

Pls tell me if I haven't posted the right EXIF info.

spring%20duck23.jpg

Comments

• Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2005
    What a fun capture!! I like the way the blur in the wings shows the motion of take off. And I love the colors in the water. Overall, however, the photo looks a bit soft to me and parts of the wings and much of the tail look blown out as well. I don't know if you do a lot of bird photography, but I think that if you look at some of the photographs that have already been entered in the challenge and at Harry's bird pictures you will see that they are very strong technically. Also, having the bird right in the middle of the frame is not the strongest composition. If you want to use the photo, I would suggest a different crop so that there is more space to the right where the duck is headed and also unsharp masking to crisp up the head and beak (though the UM could be a bit tricky with the water). Whatever you decide, enjoy your photograph! Thanks for sharing and good luck in the challenge.

Virginia

Email