rjxrjx Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited January 9, 2013 in Street and Documentary
8357904866_3bc336ccc9_c.jpg
Untitled by Randolph Knackstedt, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)
Randolph Knackstedt
Photographs |
Facebook Friend Page

...the camera need not be a cold mechanical device. Like the pen, it is as good as the man who uses it. It can be the extension of mind and heart... - John Steinbeck

Comments

• lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2013
    I like the shot ,but I am not a real fan of dressing up the image, I don't think it is necessary IMHO.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2013
    Good story telling image.
    I agree with others on the processing.

I was going to let the ethics of this image lie......but since I see you've posted on other forums let me add,

You are treading on some shaky ground. I'm no expert but I have been there done that and was ask to stop!
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2013
    First off, this is an excellent image of a moment in the health care jungle, even if it is over burned in - which it appears to be. I, too, having done a far amount of medical photography, am curious about the circumstances under which it was taken; am I right in assuming this is a family member, or is there a signed release somewhere? Finally, the title is distracting, in that it doesn't appear to describe what's going on, even if you know it does. While your subject may indeed have been waiting, she appears to be very engaged in what is going on, making this a good example of why the best title often is "untitled." :-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2013
    I got the title immediately and I think it conveys the seriousness and stress of waiting for medical news of a serious nature. I can do without the vignetting which I think distracts from the impact of the composition. I'm surprised you were allowed to photograph, whether a family member or not, especially with the report visible in the shot. That wouldn't fly at the hospital where I work or anywhere in Canada for that matter. Breach of confidentiality. ;0)
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography