flash bracket

BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited January 10, 2013 in People
Im going to be shooting some models that my friends want me to shoot for my own portfolio.
Would it look weird if I show up with a flash bracket instead of a light stand ???
Im planning on shooting by the beach on a overcast day or during the end of the day so the light should not be harsh.

Thanks

BP
:photo

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2013
    If it works for you it doesn't really matter if it looks weird. But, no, in that location it should not raise eyebrows.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2013
    Im going to be shooting some models that my friends want me to shoot for my own portfolio.
    Would it look weird if I show up with a flash bracket instead of a light stand ???
    Im planning on shooting by the beach on a overcast day or during the end of the day so the light should not be harsh.

Thanks

BP

I don't understand the question..would it look weird to who? Other photographers? The models?

So basically you want to use on camera flash instead of off camera flash. It's certainly doable but if off camera flash is going to give you much more flexibility and greater potential for interesting light.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2013
    ha ha ha Im always worrying too much about my surrounding .
    For the models and anybody looking I guess.
    i know I have to concentrate on taking pictures and not worry about others.......
    I was really asking myself the question of having the flash on a bracket or on a light stand . I never shot with a light stand because a bracket seem easier than dragging the stand but if I et better lighting with the stand I might just use it .
    :photo