Merry Christmas And Happy New Year!

Moscow City Hall
moscow_city_hall-L.jpg

Once Apon A Time
street_tales_once_upon_time-L.jpg

Comments

• PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2013
    Happy New Year to you as well. Great displays of colour in these. I didn't realize there was a person in the last shot - the colour overpowers him. Might you post it again in B&W?
    I like the diagonal balance of the pretty woman and the person walking away in #1. Again, I wonder if the composition might have more street impact in B&W without the distraction of the vibrant colours, pretty though they are.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2013
    The color in these images, and on the images in stphoto's website, are what make these images
    truly outstanding. Not to get carried overboard, but "rich tapesty of color" comes to mind.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2013
    #1 is my pick here.
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2013
    TonyCooper wrote: »
    The color in these images, and on the images in stphoto's website, are what make these images
    truly outstanding. Not to get carried overboard, but "rich tapesty of color" comes to mind.

Agreed. The colour is what makes the images except #1 in my opinion. The colours are glorious. From a documentary theme though, should photos be all about the colour? Perhaps "Other Cool Shots" forum would be a better home. Just a thought.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2013