Automating Photoshop CS with VFP (Visual Foxpro)

hd_wizardhd_wizard Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited November 25, 2005 in Finishing School
Besides being a brand-new member here I am trying to automate some of my mundane tasks of preparing images in various ways.

Since I spent two decades with Foxpro and Visual Foxpro I am attempting to use my knowledge there to effectively remote control a few other applications like Photoshop.

I often have repeated needs for modifying JPGs or PSDs in controlled ways I cannot really duplicate with actions (like scaling an image to a certain number of pixel for the _longer_ dimension or rotating automatically to what the camera recorded somewhere in the exif data).

With some first experimenting I now manage to:

start photoshop
open an image file
exend the canvas
save as whatever
close the file

What I need is a description of the object model of photoshop CS and a listing of the properties and methods (including the possible parameters).

Does anyone know where to find this info? I have already studied the Adobe Photoshop Scripting Guide PDF, which contains some basic info but does not have a listing of all the technical info necessary.

Any help or also being pointed to the right kind of forum or newsgroup would be appreciated.

BTW, I was very impressed with what I have seen so far in Digital Grin during the past couple of hours.