_________

Comments

• thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2013
    #3 for me, Liz. thumb.gif
    Travis
  • fjcvisualfjcvisual Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2013
    Nice captures. To me what makes street photography are the interactions that happen on any given day.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2013
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2013
    thoth wrote: »
    #3 for me, Liz. thumb.gif

Me too Travis, though I do wish it was a bit sharper.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited January 14, 2013
    fjcvisual wrote: »
    Nice captures. To me what makes street photography are the interactions that happen on any given day.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you. Living here I have a plethora of interactions to choose from. I"m pretty lucky.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited January 14, 2013
    bfjr wrote: »

Thanks Ben:)
    Liz A.
    _________
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2013
    I like the blur and motion of #3.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2013
    another good set liz!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • kixsandkixsand Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2013
    Nice shots! I quite like number 2 as well.

What sort of a camera are you using for these?
    Darren
    edited January 16, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    I like the blur and motion of #3.
    Thank you. Hard not to get the blurr on a moving subway (for me anyway).
    Qarik wrote: »
    another good set liz!
    Thank you Qarik
    kixsand wrote: »
    Nice shots! I quite like number 2 as well.

What sort of a camera are you using for these?
    iphone. I have an olyE620 but it's on the fritz and I have a canon 5D which I can't for the life of me shoot street with, though I've tried. I love it, but I use it for everything but street.
    Btw my little oly coupled with the 25mm pancake lens was ideas for street.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • kixsandkixsand Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2013
    I have a Fuji X100 that I use for street. I too have a hard time rocking the DSLR (D700) for street!

The iPhone is doing okay here....bet you miss the Oly though?
    Darren
  • JenaJena Banned Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited March 10, 2013

iphone. I have an olyE620 but it's on the fritz and I have a canon 5D which I can't for the life of me shoot street with, though I've tried..

I hate when I see great images ruined by not having a real camera.. usually I-Phone images are taken by timid folks who don't want to actually shoot street and photo-journalism.

Sure.. some folks use (exclusively) I-Phone's and try to produce nice images, but that's like using a high-heeled shoe to hammer a nail.
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2013
    Jena wrote: »
    I hate when I see great images ruined by not having a real camera.. usually I-Phone images are taken by timid folks who don't want to actually shoot street and photo-journalism.

Sure.. some folks use (exclusively) I-Phone's and try to produce nice images, but that's like using a high-heeled shoe to hammer a nail.

Wow. I am speechless.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2013

so what happens when you you point your 5dmk3 with huge lens at someone in a subway car? *shakes head* rolleyes1.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2013
    I like #2 and 3 best. Did she have a streak of mascara across her lid in the end? Great shot, Liz.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2013
    Really excellent set, Liz. But I do wish you were using a camera, rather than a phone that takes photos. ;-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
    edited March 19, 2013
    Patti wrote: »
    I like #2 and 3 best. Did she have a streak of mascara across her lid in the end? Great shot, Liz.

Hey Patti,
    You should have seen her. She put on many many many coats of mascara. I took several shots. She did her entire face, liquid make up, powder, eyeshadow, lips and the mascara!

Other than a swipe of maybe lip balm or lipstick, that's all I can muster on the train. Can't imagine this, but she was adept I tell you. Serious about the mascara at least 5 or six full coats on each eye. Everytime I try and wear any mascara at all i look like a racoon because I rub my eyes rolleyes1.gif.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited March 19, 2013
    Qarik wrote: »
    so what happens when you you point your 5dmk3 with huge lens at someone in a subway car? *shakes head* rolleyes1.gif

damonff wrote: »
    Wow. I am speechless.
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Really excellent set, Liz. But I do wish you were using a camera, rather than a phone that takes photos. ;-)

I can't take subway shots with my Olympus E620. I tried. With my 25mm pancake the train can't be moving, it takes forever to focus. With the beautifuly 50mm it's just too close. I have I think one decent shot with my Olympus.

Though I can get much better shots with my Canon 5d and the 50mm, it's just too "hey look at me I'm taking your photo". There is no being discreet. I dont' shoot from the hip. I raise the camera up to my eye and focus and frame. I'm spotted immediately. I would not be able to do this with the equipment I currently have. I recently posted another series of a couple on the train. I took at least 10 shots of them. Most of them keepers. I would have had my ass kicked or at least yelled at if I tried that with my current set up. I know what you are saying B.D. about my iphone and my shots. I have in fact come to rely too much on it, for family pics even and for all my street. It's just easy too carry, easy to process, it doesn't require any time sitting at home infront of yet another computer. It's made me lazy in that regard. The convenience is hard to pass up and the fact that I get better shots with that than with my Olympus, in low light anyway.

I've tried to go back to my camera and I have not suceeded. I need to. I was just looking at all my street shots from before and I took some reallly nice shots, better than my iphone ones for the most part (except on the subway).
    Liz A.
    _________
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2013
    I can't take subway shots with my Olympus E620. I tried. With my 25mm pancake the train can't be moving, it takes forever to focus. With the beautifuly 50mm it's just too close. I have I think one decent shot with my Olympus.

Though I can get much better shots with my Canon 5d and the 50mm, it's just too "hey look at me I'm taking your photo". There is no being discreet. I dont' shoot from the hip. I raise the camera up to my eye and focus and frame. I'm spotted immediately. I would not be able to do this with the equipment I currently have. I recently posted another series of a couple on the train. I took at least 10 shots of them. Most of them keepers. I would have had my ass kicked or at least yelled at if I tried that with my current set up. I know what you are saying B.D. about my iphone and my shots. I have in fact come to rely too much on it, for family pics even and for all my street. It's just easy too carry, easy to process, it doesn't require any time sitting at home infront of yet another computer. It's made me lazy in that regard. The convenience is hard to pass up and the fact that I get better shots with that than with my Olympus, in low light anyway.

I've tried to go back to my camera and I have not suceeded. I need to. I was just looking at all my street shots from before and I took some reallly nice shots, better than my iphone ones for the most part (except on the subway).

Try a V1! Oh that's not fair is it :D