Options

Speedcycler with MultiMax Transmitter with PW3 receivers/Also Hypersync and TT5 ??

JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
edited January 14, 2013 in Accessories
I'm looking at options to use the Speedcycler option available on the new USB enabled multimax's. The only problem is I can't seem to find if you can use a Multimax on camera to transmit and use a new PW3 (that supports all 32 channels + ABCD zones) as receivers or if everything has to be multimax?

It would make sense that you can use the Multimax to transmit, but then use PW3's to receive since they are zone capable now which is what the Multimax is doing is cycling through 1-4 zones that you specify.

Has anyone tried this???

I know you can do it with the TT5 and the AC3 zone controller. But honestly I don't know if I want that vs a Multimax. On the otherhand, the TT5 can do Hypersync, which is another issue... Has anyone tried Hypersync on a TT5 with less than full power? My 1Dx has no issues with 1/250 and normal PW2 being fired by a PW3. But if I could get even 1/400 I'd love it, but most of the time I'm shooting 1/4 power and according to one website I saw (assuming the 580EX and 580EXII t.1 times are the same) A 1/1 burst is 1/1000 and a 1/4 power burst is 1/4000 which I'm not sure if that would be good enough to increase my sync speeds, even a little. I'm not looking at hitting 1/1000 speeds here, but some gyms it would be nice to shoot at 1/400 because of the high ambient light.