Untitled

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
edited January 20, 2013 in Street and Documentary
I rediscovered this shot I took some years ago. For some reason I am attracted to it, is it just me?

DSC_0086-XL.jpg

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2013
    I've come back to this a couple of times.
    I have a couple of shots like this one. I am drawn to them myself.
    Reminds me a bit of a painting.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2013
    There's just that little too much movement in this one to work for me. I do like the colours though. Maybe that's the draw.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2013
    Patti wrote: »
    There's just that little too much movement in this one to work for me. I do like the colours though. Maybe that's the draw.
    I've come back to this a couple of times.
    I have a couple of shots like this one. I am drawn to them myself.
    Reminds me a bit of a painting.

Thanks! I agree that there is a tad too much movement, it was a mistake after all. However, I like the colors that do look as a painting in some way and I like the weirdness of the scene.

Thanks for looking
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2013
    The more I look at it, the more it grows on me Cristobal - especially the illusion that the boy is leaving his body.
    Reminds me of media attempts to depict hallucinogenic experiences.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited January 17, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    The more I look at it, the more it grows on me Cristobal - especially the illusion that the boy is leaving his body.
    Reminds me of media attempts to depict hallucinogenic experiences.

Thanks. your out of body experience comment made me think of this other shot:

DSC_0040-1-XL.jpg
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Thanks. your out of body experience comment made me think of this other shot:

Even better effect...
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • kixsandkixsand Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2013
    I've looked at this a few times now and I guess the one thing that sort of strikes me is that the face of the child is still pretty much intact, despite all the motion blur. It doesn't seem logical that it would be and I find that to be compelling in some way. However, I don't find the look of the child to be pleasing at all...there's something alien there but it draws me in nonetheless.
    Darren
    edited January 18, 2013
    kixsand wrote: »
    I've looked at this a few times now and I guess the one thing that sort of strikes me is that the face of the child is still pretty much intact, despite all the motion blur. It doesn't seem logical that it would be and I find that to be compelling in some way. However, I don't find the look of the child to be pleasing at all...there's something alien there but it draws me in nonetheless.

I agree that there is some level of creepiness, although it's hard to put your finger on it. I think that a picture, and art for that matter, is successful if it is able to stirr an emotion, whatever that is. Would you agree?
    edited January 19, 2013
    I agree that there is some level of creepiness, although it's hard to put your finger on it. I think that a picture, and art for that matter, is successful if it is able to stirr an emotion, whatever that is. Would you agree?

Hard to be definitive with something as subjective as this, but in general terms I agree with your assertion.
    Darren
    edited January 19, 2013
    kixsand wrote: »
    Hard to be definitive with something as subjective as this, but in general terms I agree with your assertion.

FYI I didn't mean to imply for a minute that this photo was successful, much less art! :D
    edited January 19, 2013
    FYI I didn't mean to imply for a minute that this photo was successful, much less art! :D

Laughing.gif

rolleyes1.gif
    Darren
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2013
    The out of body experience caught on film is pretty cool. Sometimes mistakes can be fun. I have a crazy mistake photo to share with you when I get home.

Michael Bonocore
    www.mb-photography-sf.com
    www.facebook.com/mbonocore
    plus.mb-photography-sf.com
    edited January 20, 2013
    mbonocore wrote: »
    The out of body experience caught on film is pretty cool. Sometimes mistakes can be fun. I have a crazy mistake photo to share with you when I get home.

Michael Bonocore
    www.mb-photography-sf.com
    www.facebook.com/mbonocore
    plus.mb-photography-sf.com

Please do...