Brand

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
edited January 16, 2013 in Street and Documentary
_RAG8478.NEF-XL.jpg
Rags

Comments

• PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2013
    I like the converging tunnel but the people are just a bit too far away for this to work for me, Rags. :0(
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2013
    Thanks for looking in Patti & the good comment.

Interesting... viewers take what they want from an image.

I took an urban architectural shot for the perspective, the people just happened to be there... :).

I had a closer people shot that I deleted
    Rags
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2013
    Rags,

I'm not sure this works as an Urban Landscape shot yet either. It seems you've landed in a nether zone with the composition and content. When I think Urban Landscape, I don't see any people. Or if they are there, it isn't in the one spot the eye is drawn to. As it is, the immediate foreground at the bottom of the frame is unused and distracting. I would have tried to frame it closer to the start of the scaffolding possibly with a long lens to foreshorten the perspective. Then wait for some popping light giving strong shadow lines and no people.

Just some thoughts.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2013
    michswiss wrote: »
    Rags,

I'm not sure this works as an Urban Landscape shot yet either. It seems you've landed in a nether zone with the composition and content. When I think Urban Landscape, I don't see any people. Or if they are there, it isn't in the one spot the eye is drawn to. As it is, the immediate foreground at the bottom of the frame is unused and distracting. I would have tried to frame it closer to the start of the scaffolding possibly with a long lens to foreshorten the perspective. Then wait for some popping light giving strong shadow lines and no people.

Just some thoughts.

Just different strokes, thanks for the comment (sometimes you just get what you can and walk.. :D)
    Rags