toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
edited January 18, 2013 in Street and Documentary
_RAG8508.NEF-XL.jpg
Rags

Comments

• PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2013
    Hey Rags,

I don't get any sense of subject focus with this one. Just red lines and a green orb. Perhaps if a bit lighter exposure, the soldiers might offer some. I'm left scratching my head. Sorry.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • kixsandkixsand Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2013
    Patti wrote: »
    Hey Rags,

I don't get any sense of subject focus with this one. Just red lines and a green orb. Perhaps if a bit lighter exposure, the soldiers might offer some. I'm left scratching my head. Sorry.

I have to agree with Patti here. There isn't a defined subject...the light streaks are sort of abbreviated and exit the frame before they get interesting. The soldiers are very dark and indistinct - you have to work at it to see them. The title implies that the garage may be the subject, but I don't really see what I would think of as a garage. So then, I start to read the signage which is dark and hard to read and I really don't find anything there...
    Darren
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2013
    Thanks for the comments, all valid

This shooting expedition was to capture moving car lights with long exposures, for use in urbanscape composites.

Landscapes and urbanscapes frequently have less than what is considered a subject; but impart a feeling to the viewer.

This shot was intentionally without a tangible subject, but of motion.

You may not like this type of photography, but its out there.... the shot is so - so.

Again thanks for looking in.
    Rags