Self Portrait

WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
edited January 17, 2013 in People
Hi all. I am doing a 2nd 365 day project and decided to add in a few self portraits.. basically for some self discovery. This month my theme for the 365 is quotes. So all of my photos for January will be taken for or a quote will be found for each one. This photo I took today was quite a challenge! It certainly is not easy to take a self portrait in a shower :D

Critique always welcome.. it's the only way we get better

i-wZ487Xc-M.jpg
Snady :thumb
my money well spent :D
Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!

Comments

• PhilD41PhilD41 Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2013
    Great photo, love the post processing. You did an amazing job of balancing the water with the person (you) behind it. The water adds to the photo without really distracting from the subject. I expect that wasn't easy, as you have said. I am not sure I 100% link the quote with the photo, but that may just be me. Again, great work!
    -~= Philip =~-
    Go Shoot Something Already! - Flickr Photostream
    Have you performed a few Random Acts of Parenting today? :)
  • LightsearcherLightsearcher Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2013
    Beautiful picture, I like the water drops on the glass, what lens did you use?

About the quote to be honest I don't like it too much, I use it sometimes in Holidays, in this case the picture is great and I would keep it with out the quote.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you for posting.

Marcelo
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2013
    Very nice.
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2013
    Thanks all! The quote I used was because I had a friend who needed to see it more than it needed to go with the photo... i'm kinda nice like that :-)

As far as the set up...

D4 on tripod, bounced flash at -2, micro LED to camera right and ambient light over head.
    It was a 24-70 2.8 lens and the settings were
    F 2.8 1/250th
    ISO 800

I probably should have changed them for a little more DOF but I changed the lighting at the last minute :-)

If anybody is interested in following my 365 project you can find me on facebook. Sandy O'Shea.

Thanks again for the responses dgrinners!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2013
    very very nice! good for you.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700